'The heart of music education in Wales', CAGAC (Cymdeithas Addysg Cerdd Awrdurdodau Cymru / Welsh Authorities' Music Education Association) is a sub-group of the Association of Directors of Education in Wales (ADEW), organised through the ADEW Improvement Coordination Group.
Aim of the association
To promote local authority music education in Wales – ensuring that all children and young people have the access and opportunity to learn, play and sing
- To support music services inmeeting schools needs in respect of range, and quality of service, including supporting generalist class teachers and non-music practitioners to deliver the requirement of the national curriculum
- To challenge music services to meet learners needs for high quality, affordable group/individual tuition, delivered by trained staff and with opportunities for progression and access to support to higher level learning
- To have partnership working at the heart of operations by facilitating effective networking with other bodies; and sharing of good practice across all LA Welsh music services
- To represent and reflect the views of ADEW in relation to music education in Wales, providing a pro-active and responsive national association on behalf of ADEW
- To reflect and respond to Welsh Government policy and strategy for Music education and Music Service provision in Wales
Generally, the association meets once a term with further meetings called as and when needs arise.
Nominated CAGAC representatives attend meetings of the following organisations: