About Drums for Schools
At Drums for Schools, our over-riding aim is to help spread music-making by making it possible for anyone, whatever their age and ability, to get actively involved in music and to enjoy all the physical, mental and social benefits that go along with it.
That's what we're here for and it means that:
- we specialise in easy-to-play instruments
- we're constantly improving our instruments and inventing new ones
- we keep our prices as low as we possibly can
- we give big discounts to schools and educational users
We try and do the above in as ethical and friendly a way as possible, namely:
- we respect Fairtrade guidelines in everything we do
- we use natural, sustainable and recycled materials wherever we can
- we try and reuse packaging and minimise wastage
- we make service and customer satisfaction our No 1 priority
An introduction to Drums for Schools by founder, Andy Gwatkin
Drums for Schools offers specialist professional development led by experienced trainer, Andy Gleadhill.
Andy Gleadhill introduces the Drums for Schools teacher training programme
Tlthough world music traditions can be taught successfully by most generalist or specialist music teachers simply by following the guidance in Andy Gleadhill's teaching guides, there's no doubt that a preparatory half day intensive CPD session is a brilliant way to hit the ground running.
It will ensure you cover all the important ground, give you the opportunity to ask questions and test out your technique and you'll go home having given a massive boost to your confidence and ready to put it all into practice.
Andy Gleadhill delivers completely practical, hands-on training sessions either one-to-one or for groups of up to 20 teachers at a time. Sessions can also cover a range of other Music Education topics, for example:
- Developing Instrumental teaching in your school
- Concerts, performances and building School Ensembles
- Using Music to improve overall school performance
- Delivering a High Quality Music Education using limited resources
- What can I do with the Percussion Trolley?
- Exam Entrance and Preparation
- Cultural Awareness in Music Education
- The Versatile Music Teacher
- Identifying Talent
- Preparing Music Lesson Plans and Schemes of Work
- Composing with World Music
Regional CPD sessions are delivered in the UK and at regional centres abroad such as Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Abu Dhabi
What they say
'We were very pleased with the service you gave: delivery was excellent and our order was delt with very quickly.'
St Pius X RCVA Primary School
'I was very pleasantly surprised at the low price, great quality, varied sizes and durability of Drums for Schools' djembe drums. I've been using them now for over a year, and hundreds of kids have thoroughly enjoyed learning about rhythm and music with them ... and they're all still working as well as the day I bought them Perfect for energetic kids at school and anyone else who enjoys drumming!'
Sean Quinn, drum facilitator, www.drumsheadslive.com
'As always, everything arrived quickly and in excellent condition. All received and brilliant. The children particularly liked the harnesses - they said they looked like reins and had a good laugh!'
Senior Teacher, South Petherton Infants School
'I have been really impressed with everything I have ordered from Drums for schools - and with your fantastic customer service. The children love the instruments we have purchased and thankfully all of the items are strong enough to withstand being "played" by even our youngest 4 year old children!!! Your company produce beautifully made instruments which make fantastic sounds.'
Teacher, Downham C of E Primary School
'I am so thrilled with the order. The price was excellent comparing to other providers - drums quality is superb as are the percussion instruments and resources provided. The students (and teachers!) love them. THRILLED!!!!!'
Teacher, Worthing High School
'Brilliant - absolutely brilliant!'
Tommy Hayes, music therapist and performer
Details of trade events we are attending