About the courses
Sing for Pleasure is offering two 5-day conducting courses in 2016 in Glasgow (Foundation and Intermediate 1 levels) and London (Foundation, Intermediate Level 1 and Intermediate Level 2).
The 5-Day Course focusses on the Foundation and Intermediate I * levels, where the aims include:
- Preparing music and gesture thoroughly
- Singing the various voice-parts to enable them to be learnt quickly and efficiently
- Creating rapport and enjoyment
- Developing simple, clear, economical conducting gestures
- Achieving a musical performance, even with the simplest repertoire
- Controlling rehearsals and maintaining a good pace
- Analysing one’s own achievements and the work of others in a constructive way
Who is the course for?
Sing for Pleasure is offering a choice of courses in Glasgow and London for conductors and vocal leaders. Whether you are trying your hand at conducting for the first time, improving your musicianship skills or refreshing knowledge gained on previous courses, you can look forward to a challenging and enjoyable time in a relaxed but stimulating atmosphere.
Dates and locations are now confirmed for our 5-day conducting courses running in 2016:
GLASGOW – FOUNDATION AND INTERMEDIATE 1 LEVELS
- Dates: 12 April; 16 April; 14 May; 25 June; 19 July
- Venue: University of Glasgow, Music Department, 14 University Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ
LONDON – FOUNDATION, INTERMEDIATE 1 AND INTERMEDIATE 2 LEVELS
- Dates: 2 April; 23 April; 7 May; 18 June; 9 July
- Venue: John Lewis Partnership, 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN
Further information about the courses, including fees for members and non-members, can be downloaded here.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS FIVE DAYS LONG AND ALL DELEGATES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ALL SESSIONS. **