About the event
This 1-day masterclass, led by Graham Dowdall, will be a complete journey through best practice when leading music with young people in SEN settings.
- Explore why music is so good for enhancing self-expression, self-esteem, improving communication, musical and transferrable skills and much more.
- Understand the range of challenges and work out how to accommodate them, looking at strategies for inclusion and accommodating difference.
- Find out how to make and sustain an offer and also how to get the most out of partners, teachers and teaching assistants.
- Learn how to plan, structure and lead sessions.
- Discover more about communication techniques, including Makaton and PECS.
- Discuss the benefits of cross-curricular learning, working with themes, drawing ideas from participants
- Find out more about co-composing, improvising, instrumental playing, using technology, singing and other vocal work.
Cost and bookings
- The cost of this course is £85, which will include lunch and light refreshments
- Click here to book your place now!