About the course
WJEC GCSE Music – The Next Steps (Wales Centres Only) is designed for teachers who are teaching the reformed WJEC GCSE Music specification from September 2016.
Each session will recap the key reforms to the specification, explore marked samples of work and consider approaches to teaching elements of the specification using resources available to support teaching and learning.
Sessions take place in Cardiff, Carmarthen and LLandudno.
Outcomes for delegates
- An opportunity to revisit the content and assessment requirements of the specification, including the key reforms that need to be addressed
- Support further planning for teaching and preparing learners for assessment
- Gain practical ideas for delivery in the classroom
- An opportunity to view resources and how they can be used to support teaching and learning
- An opportunity to network with colleagues and subject specification specialists
You will also be provided with a comprehensive pack of materials which you can take away with you and share with colleagues.
The course is led by subject specialists who have in-depth experience and knowledge of the content. They will be subject officers, specification developers, examiners or moderators with a wealth of experience in this field.
£210 (including refreshments and materials).
Course dates and locations
- Monday 5 December 2016, 9.30am-3.30pm – Cardiff
- Thursday 8 December 2016, 9.30am-3.30pm – Carmarthen
Wednesday 14 December 2016, 9.30am-3.30pm – Llandudno