About Insure4Music

Insure4Music provides comprehensive music insurance for musicians, bands, DJs, singers and music teachers – reliable, low-cost and designed so that you only pay for the cover you need.

We recognise that musicians need specialist insurance that reflects where they play and the reasons for doing so, whether professional or for pleasure. We understand that when it comes to instruments and equipment, many household insurance policies will not provide adequate cover.

As a result, we have created comprehensive music insurance that can be tailor-made to suit your individual needs. We cover most kinds of musical instruments and cover them whether they are left in the house or stored elsewhere, giving peace of mind wherever and whenever you play.

Six reasons Insure4Music will help keep you playing

Theft when you’re out and about

Lots of musicians tell us that the biggest risk to them is when they leave the house to perform or practise. If you’re leaving your instrument overnight in a car or van, transporting it between your home and where you play or just storing it overnight in a venue, then you're taking a risk without insurance. Thieves are savvy and they know how much you've spent on your kit. Plus most instruments can’t be traced to their owners so they're easy to sell online or at auctions. Get peace of mind today with policies starting from just £25 a year.

Many household policies now exclude musical instruments

Many household policies now exclude musical instruments. This means that you will have to specifically request that your instrument is added to your policy, which will often significantly increase your premium by more than the cost of a specialist music insurance policy. And you could also lose your no claims bonus on your home insurance if you make a claim. Plus, your instrument won’t be covered when you take it out of your home.

Accidental damage to your music equipment

We all like to think that we take care of our instruments and equipment but accidents do happen. If you drop and damage your saxophone, break a guitar pedal or your amp explodes then it can be costly to replace or fix. With our policies, the cost is covered and we'll even replace new for old if the item is less than three years old for instruments or 18 months for laptops and they were bought new.

Playing live

Any musician who plays live should have Public Liability insurance under our Music Liability Cover. If you're a singer, DJ or band, you're probably already aware of this as most places you play will ask to see proof of your cover. This insures you in case you injure someone else or cause damage to a venue when playing. We'll provide evidence of cover with your policy so it's easy to show you have this.

Teaching music

If you teach others to play, then, like any other teacher, you should take out insurance. Professional Indemnity cover comes as standard with our Music Liability option and will cover you against any claims made against you for negligent advice. Also, if a music student injures themselves whilst you are teaching them or damages someone else's property, then Public Liability is also included under Music Liability and this covers you up to £5 million.

Loss of earnings if you can't perform

If you aren't able to attend your usual profession, business or occupation following an accident, we will cover you for Loss of Earnings for up to 52 weeks under our Performance Cover option. Also covered under Performance Cover is Equipment Hire cover and Equipment Breakdown cover.

Get a quote

It only takes a minute or two to build a quote that's completely tailored to you or your band's needs.

Contact details

Web: insure4music.co.uk
Facebook: /insure4music
Twitter: /insure4music
Email: admin [at] insure4music.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 8000 469859

The Royals, Altrincham Road
Manchester M22 4BJ, United Kingdom