John Kelleher is leading a course for heads of music in London on 21 October.
About the course
This is a one day course for new and aspiring Heads of Music covering practical strategies to lead a successful music department.
Participants will walk away with a customised development plan for your music department, created with input from the course leader.
Date: Wednesday 21 October 2015
Location: Central London (venue to be confirmed)
Fee: £200 including refreshments and lunch
This course will cover:
- Leading and supporting your team
- Managing instrumental and vocal lessons
- Planning concerts, trips and tours
- Working with your senior leadership team
- Making the most of data
- Where to find further support and guidance
Delegates are welcome to request any additional topics they would like covered. Please send any such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the course.
- Checklists covering all aspects of leading a school music department, including planning concerts, trips and tours
- Templates for essential elements of a Head of Music’s role, including peripatetic timetables, coursework trackers and schemes of work
- A music department development plan created with input from the course leader
- 09.30 Arrival: Registration and refreshments
- 10.00 Stepping Up: What does an outstanding Head of Music do?
- 11.00 Coffee and networking
- 11.20 Musical Cultures: How do you put music at the heart of your school?
- 12.40 Lunch
- 13.40 Change Management: How do you drive continuous improvement?
- 14.40 Coffee and Q&A
- 15.00 Development Plan: What will your music department sound like next year?
- 15.30 Close
How to register
Visit the course website