Tickets for BT River of Music, a free two-day festival the weekend before the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, will be available from 15 May 2012.
Artists representing all Olympic and Paralympic nations will join together in this spectacular global summit of rhythm and song. With established, award-winning performers, rising stars and one-off collaborations, BT River of Music will offer everyone the opportunity to sample a unique kaleidoscope of the world’s most vibrant music.
The festival will take place at six iconic sites along the banks of the River Thames, each hosting music from a different continent. Flowing down the river from West to East, the sites are:
- Asia Stage – Battersea Park
- Europe Stage – Somerset House
- Europe Stage – Trafalgar Square
- Americas Stage – Tower of London
- Oceania Stage – Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich
- Africa Stage – London Pleasure Gardens, Docklands
BT River of Music is part of the London 2012 Festival.